Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Give God an Honest Try!

Acts 2: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved.

As an overweight person most of my life, I thought that I would be better accepted by people if I lost all my weight. I tried diet after diet only to lose a few pounds to gain back more than I started with. I had enough and was giving up! I prayed, "God, I give up! If you ever want me to be thing, You'll have to do it, because I can't!"

Well, I wasn't really expecting anything to happen, because my intent in my prayer wasn't to ask for help, it was to let God know I was giving up. But, God, on the other hand, knew exactly what I needed. That very same day, some 30+ years ago, God took away my compulsive overeating, my need to have large amounts of food on a regular basis, and cravings for sweets and carbs.

Now, that's not to say that I don't start slip-sliding back into old patterns, but if I listen to the instincts that Christ gives me to refocus on Him, He turns my eating and actions around when I listen to him. I've been very blessed that Christ has continued to allow the vast majority of the 80+ pounds weight loss He blessed me with to stay off for over 30 years! It's not that I'm so special, because God can do this for you, too, if you let Him and have regular prayer with Him turning your food, body, stress over to Christ on a daily basis. It can't hurt-give Him an honest try!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: