Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Eating While I Watched This

2 Corinthians 13:4 For though He was crucified through weakness, yet He liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you. 

I was watching the rest of The Gospel of Matthew on Netflix while I ate my breakfast. [I'm very impressed with this series. I've watched several, but they have occasionally deviated from what's stated in the Bible. This Gospel series goes distinctly by what the Bible says. I'm impressed!] 

Anyway, I was eating breakfast as they showed Jesus being flogged, mocked and crucified and had to put my breakfast down. How could I sit there eating, while the TV was depicting all the anguish that Christ went through on my behalf? He did this knowing that I am a very sinful human being with many flaws like: my eating, my worrying, being judgmental, at times, being an all-around sinful human being. Yet, Christ loved me so much even with all my flaws that He was willing to go through all of this for me! He also went through all of this for you, too!

The show went on to show how on the third day, Christ arose from the grave, conquering death, sin and the devil. So, even though I am a less than perfect person, I will have salvation with Christ in heaven, not by being perfect, but by continuing to having faith in Him as my Lord and Savior! He's done the same for you, so don't put your faith in Christ off until tomorrow or when it's more socially acceptable with your friends, because you never know what tomorrow might bring!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: