Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Went Back for Seconds

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Well, this Bible passage seems very fitting for me, because I was at the Chinese Buffet the other day and went back for seconds, knowing that it has been my downfall many times in the past.

Sure, I rationalized things. I primarily took things that seemed healthy like broccoli beef, pork roast, broccoli chicken, roasted chicken and fruit. It tasted sooooo good and seemed pretty healthy, so I figured that it wouldn't hurt if I went back for another plate.

Well, when I listen to Satan rather than my Savior, I let myself get suckered in. Satan knows that buffets are one of my many weak spots. I, on the other hand, know it too! I'm the one who picked the restaurant. I could have picked out a place that would be less tempting, but did I do that? No, that's why I'm being honest with you right now!

Although the food I selected seemed basically healthy, I don't know about the ingredients in the sauces on those dishes. Regardless, I felt bloated and lacked energy the next day. I should have focused on Christ, Who has by His grace allowed me to lose 80+ pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. Although I feel Christ's strength, I allow myself to be put into tempting situations periodically, where Satan is waging a tug-o-war game with my soul. If I focus on my Savior, He will allow me to wear the full armour of God, so that I am not sucked into the wiles of the devil and my sinful human cravings!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: