Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sure, I Needed a Muffin with My Milk!

1 John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

If you've been following my last few posts, you know that I went to visit a friend and blew my eating plan, several times over. I overate at a Chinese Buffet, I ate sweets after a big lunch, etc. What I haven't told you, but I even ate a muffin! It wasn't one of those small, normal sized muffins. It was one of those enormous muffins with enough sugar and fat to choke a horse! 

So, how did I manage that when I know that those big muffins aren't good for me. Well, it started when my husband had one of the muffins the first night we were there. I asked him for a bite, which was a slippery slope to start with. It was so yummy that I devised a plan to eat one of the muffins the next day and secretly hoped that my husband didn't eat it before I worked out the details of my plan.

The next evening, I knew I had to drink another serving of milk. I have Osteoporosis and need to be getting calcium at more regular intervals, not just through a supplement. Well, I decided that I needed to eat something with my milk. Did I select from any of the containers we brought with us with sliced fruit? No way! I decided that I had to have one of those muffins with my milk before my husband got to it. I woofed that muffin down in short order. Who was I fooling? My husband didn't care whether I had a muffin with my milk or not. I was trying to fool myself and God in the process, like Christ was going to buy that eating that muffin was necessary in order for me to drink a cup of milk.

The only thing is, I didn't fool myself either, because I knew it wasn't necessary! Funny thing is, we brought home that other muffin and my husband hasn't even touched it. He has much more restraint than I do! I need to be much more focused on turning my vulnerabilities over to Christ's very capable hands, because that's a lot of times I've back-slid on this trip. I don't want it to become a pattern.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: