Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Needed Humbling...

1 Peter 5: 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 

Christ could have stopped me dead in my tracks when He saw how I was backsliding when I had two huge plates of food at the Chinese Buffet. He knew when I had a large lunch, but still chose to have sweets afterwards, although I know it affects my blood sugar. He knew when I ate the enormous muffin, telling myself that I needed to eat it when I drank my last serving of milk. 

Christ knew what I was doing, but did He stop me? No, because He also knew that I knew what I was doing. I wasn't blindly doing this without realizing it. I knew full-well what I was doing every step or maybe I should say bite of the way! I was trying to fool God and myself, but it didn't work. I knew that none of these excesses were good for me. By the grace of Christ, He allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. It's hard to act innocent after all the many things Christ has shown me about my eating along the way. 

I realized that I had been pushing my eating limits and Christ showed me that I needed to get my body back into alignment. I felt bloated and sluggish, but I knew exactly why I felt that way. Fortunately for me, Christ never gives up on me! He gave me the instincts to have oatmeal both for breakfast and for lunch to get my body back on track. I need to cast all my care on Christ, because He cared enough about me to give His life a ransom for all my sins, and a ransom for all of yours, as well.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: