Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trying to Turn Things Around

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Recently we went to visit a friend. In the time I was with her, I saw myself fall back into old eating patterns. This happened not because I was with my friend, but because I allowed myself to give into those old urges as some kind of special treat.

Special Treat, my eye! I ate two heaping plates of Chinese Food at a buffet. I have a very full lunch, but bought one of the German treats afterward, full-well knowing that sweets have a negative impact on my blood sugar. I saw that I was allowing Satan to impact my eating again, which is sad after all that Christ did to change my priorities. Christ had healed my compulsive overeating and my need to eat excessive amounts of foods and sweets over 30 years ago and had by His grace, allowed me to keep the vast majority of the 80 pounds off all these years! 

I didn't want to give up all that Christ had done for me and continues to do for me over the years. It was He that let me know, that He could turn my eating around. When it came to going to dinner, the instincts that Christ gave me were to eat a salad and have a bowl of soup. That hit the spot! Besides, my poor stomach couldn't have handled much more of the garbage that I had been cramming into it! Fortunately, Christ never gives up on me, even when I've given up on myself!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: