Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trying to Maintain a Balance, but Falling Short

1 Timothy 6: 17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 19Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

It was a holiday and I had extra time. The main thing I wanted to do is spend some time on the blogs that I feel led to write for Christ. He's done so much for me over the years, like allowing the loss of over 80 pounds of weight and keeping the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, giving me self-respect and self-esteem, when it had been near non-existent at one time, giving me a peace knowing that my Lord will be with me through the good times and the bad...and the list could go on and on and on! I've been so very blessed!

In addition to wanting to work on the blogs, so that I don't get behind again, I realized that there were other things I also needed or wanted to do. I wanted to go through my closet and drawers and weed through things to donate that I was no longer using or rarely used. I wanted to do some craft projects. Our Senior Center makes hats for Cancer patients. I wanted to clean out our room and also rearrange the photograph albums. In addition to this, I wanted to see a friend in the hospital.

Well, after three days, I had cleaned my room, including the closet and drawers and bathrooms. I had gone to the hospital and had done some craft projects, but felt torn because I hadn't found time to work on the blogs, the one thing that I can do for God. Did I make God my priority? NO! I was doing other things for other people, which are nice to maintain balance, but what good is it if I fall short of being there for God???

Jesus Christ didn't say, "Oh, I don't think I want to give my life on the cross, because my room and bathroom aren't cleaned, besides I have these other projects I want to do for the sick and needy, right now." He stopped whatever He was doing and gave His life for us, whether it was convenient timing or not. He gave His life to save us from our sinful and worldly ways. The thing is, I realize that I can do lots of nice sounding things, but without Christ in my life, they are for useless! Christ should be my very first priority in life, instead of putting Him on the back burner for when I have some spare time to do what He wants of me!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: