Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Slipping Back into Old Patterns Is Sometimes Easier than Developing New Ones

Colossians 3: 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him:

So, it's the end of the first month of the new year in 2019. Did you make yourself some New Years Resolutions? I have in the past, but don't tend to do it any more, not that there's anything necessarily wrong with it.

I found my goal is to be more Christ focused which helps me see when I start slipping back into old eating, stress, and negative patterns. Sure falling back to these old patterns is much easier than developing new ones, but I don't want to go back to the way that things used to be. 

Since Jesus showed me how food had become a false god, because I turned to it in time of stress, joy, sadness to comfort me instead of turning to Him, my life has been so incredibly different. I don't mean to say that every day of my life is perfect, but when I'm putting my life, food, body, eating, and stress in Christ's very capable hands, I don't feel as overwhelmed, because I know that Christ is right there with me through whatever it is. This comfort knowing He is right there beside me though all the events of my life, good and bad, is amazing that I would be devastated and don't want to take the chance of risking slipping back into those old patterns.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: