Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Christ Doesn't Want Us Reacting in Similar Fashion

Luke 6: 27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

In recent posts, I've talked about people calling overweight people names or chuckling behind their backs, all of which is rude and insensitive behavior. Sure, it would easy to turn around and say something equally rude back, but that's not what Christ wants of us. 

For many years before Christ healed me of my compulsive overeating, I thought I was a Christian. I loved Him and prayed daily for my family and for Jesus to help me loose weight, but that's just it. I wanted Jesus to help ME Do It! I wanted to be in control, not Jesus. He was supposed to wait in the wings and help me with the things I needed or wanted.

When I finally turned the control of my life, eating, and body over to Christ's capable hands, my compulsive overeating seemed to diminish. As Jesus allowed the weight loss, it did cross my mind to tell off all those people who had been rude and insensitive to me all those years. Then, the Lord reminded me through the following verse that He doesn't want me to respond in a similar fashion. Luke 6: 27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: