Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Being Hungry More Often These Days

John 6: 33 For the bread of God is He which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto Him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst. 

I realized that I've been hungry lots more frequently than I used to. Trying to be prayerful about this, I realized that I must be getting sloppy with my relationship with Christ. Almost anytime my normal eating doesn't seem to be enough to sustain me, it usually means that I've gotten lax in my relationship with Christ. 

Knowing this, I have to be prayerful for Jesus to show me what I need to do. He lets me know that I've been letting things and issues become more important, instead of turning them over into Christ's very capable hands. When I'm trying to control these issues, I'm not letting God do it. I hate it when I revert back to old ways! I should know better after all this time!

Fortunately for me, Christ never says, "I allowed Debbie to lose over 80 pounds and keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. She isn't making me the priority she should, I'm going to take that miracle away from her, because she's undeserving of it!"

Actually, I am undeserving of the miracle that Christ has done for me with giving His life on the cross for my sins, and His allowing the weight loss, and the peace He gives me when I turn to Him with my problems and concerns. Fortunately for me, He's also very forgiving if I ask Him and He leads me down the paths to know His will for me and He refocuses me. I'm so very blessed!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: