Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Letting Myself Be Vulnerable When I Start Snacking?

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

I've been very blessed. Over 30 years ago, Christ took away my compulsive overeating and has allowed for the vast majority of the excess 80 pounds to stay off all that time. This came from turning my control, food, eating, body, and stress into God's capable hands instead of turning to food every time I felt stressed, etc. This, along with many other lessons, made such a difference in my life. Christ showed me that when I turned to food to calm my aching soul, I was making it a false god. 

Jesus also showed me that when I was compulsively overeating it not only affected me, but it affected my family and my relationship with Him. During those times, I felt terrible about myself and would be cranky with those I loved and would shy away from going to church or other functions, because I didn't want others to see how fat I was. 

Christ has made such a difference in my life, not only with my faith, my weight, my health, my interactions with my family, but also with my self-esteem. So, when I find myself wanting to snack, I need to listen when Christ reminds me through this Bible verse that slipping back into out eating patterns is leaving myself vulnerable to Satan's temptations! Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: