Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Valentines Day...Oh, My!

John 14: 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I picked this verse, because it said to not let your heart be troubled, which seemed a good tie-in for Valentines Day, only I'm going to write from a different perspective.  Yes, I'm married, now, so there's someone in my life, but I remember....

.... I remember feeling worthless and eating, because I didn't have someone in my life. It was like my not having an on-going relationship told me that I was unlovable, but that wasn't true. Valentines Day made me feel like a loser, because I had no date, no one to care for me, no one to buy me a box of candy hearts, but that wasn't true, either!

I had been in an unhealthy relationship, years ago, but it's not worth lowering our standards to accept and unhealthy relationship just to have someone there to prove we aren't a loser. Actually, you lose out when you have to live in an unhealthy relationship day after day, year after year! My life totally changed when Christ started showing me how I was letting food numb me from the pain of that unhealthy relationship. It took time, but Christ showed me that I was lovable and having someone who didn't respect me wasn't what He wanted for me either. After much growth through listening to the lessons Christ had for me, I realized that it wasn't worth it to stay in an unhealthy relationship. I was afraid that I would be so lonely, but I wasn't. Christ comforted me and helped me realize that I deserved only healthy relationships. I wasn't in a hurry to jump into another unhealthy relationship, and eventually Christ led me to someone who respected me and my faith. It was truly worth the wait!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: