Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Impact of Snide Remarks

Romans 12: 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

This isn't all of the passage, nor do I totally understand the portion about heaping coals of fire on his head, but want to focus on if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink. Sometimes I'm with others who will make snide remarks about people they see who are overweight. The not so funny thing is, that the people who make these comments are often not thin, themselves.

I remember when I was extremely overweight and would hear others giggle or whisper when I would walk by. I felt guilty for being overweight, almost like I should apologize to others for being in their line of vision. Those comments and remarks hurt my self-esteem, or at least, what existed of it, and I felt terrible about myself.

In this case, my enemy was the hunger, or at least, I thought it was. I would feed it, but felt so guilty for doing so that I would cram much more food down me to punish myself for being such a lousy person. It wasn't until Christ showed me that He could heal that hunger. He did that the day I gave up and told God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to take care of it, because I couldn't. I was so amazed that He took that incessant hunger away from me. I found that the more I feed my soul by turning to Christ with my problems instead of turning to food, the hunger subsided and I no longer felt like a worthless person who should apologize for being in the line of vision of others. Christ made me whole and He feeds the hunger in my soul as I read the Bible daily and turn to Him in prayer frequently during the day. If Christ could heal the hunger of the enemy within me, He can most certainly do it for you too, if you ask Him!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: