Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When People Say Mean Things About You

Matthew 5: 10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

This post isn't focusing on the real meaning of this passage, which is amazing unto itself. It's being used to address some of the mean things that people say to or about people that are overweight. Things like: Sure she's got big bones!, She should just push herself away from the table, I'd be ashamed! Doesn't she even look in a mirror?, Like she really just eats salads for lunch. We know what she does when no one's looking, and the list could go on and on and on...

Sometimes people don't realize these things are so hurtful, but they are. Sure, we pretend we don't hear them or laugh it off with everyone else, but they hurt to the core, but Christ doesn't want us hurt. He wants to heal us!

Jesus loved me when I was over 80 pounds heavier, but I didn't truly realize it, because I didn't love myself. He doesn't look on us like the people who make crude and rude remarks thinking they're funny. He loves us as we are, fat and all. He wants us whole and the only way we can do that is to turn to Jesus in times of stress, joy, boredom, etc. instead of turning to food, which became a false god to me, although I didn't realize it. I had been turning to food to console me instead of turning to Christ. He showed me that He can heal my aching soul and when He did that, the desire to turn to food diminished. Sure, during my weak times, Satan tries to sneak up and tempt me with turning back to compulsive overeating in times of stress, joy, boredom, etc., but fortunately for me, Christ reminds me of the importance of refocusing on Him, who heals my aching soul. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: