Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Giving Up...

Romans 12: 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

There have been times when my weight doesn't seem to budge, even though I feel like I'm trying to turn things over to Christ's very capable hands. Usually when this happens, I've found that I've gotten sloppy with my reading the Bible daily and speed read through it while trying to figure out what to do for dinner that evening. Also, I tend to ramble through my prayers, at these times, saying the words, but really focusing on other issues. 

During these periods, it can be frustrating, because I've drifted further from my Lord and want to regain that same sense of calm that He's given me in the past. Fortunately for me, Christ doesn't give up on me. He shows me that I've been sloppy with my relationship with Him, so I try to be open to all the ways that I've been slack in my focus. 

When I listen and start paying closer attention to my daily prayers and reading in the Bible which refreshes me and make Christ the priority of my life, I start feeling more connected to my Savior. I start feeling more whole and calm inside, where there had recently been an empty feeling. This has happened so many times now that I'm embarrassed to tell you. This Bible verse reminds me that when I start getting that distant feeling, I need to start praying and ask for God's guidance. Romans 12: 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: