Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Special Snack I REALLY Wanted

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

My husband had gotten some type of special treat that was very intriguing for me. I knew it was about dinner time and I was secretly plotting to eat some of it before dinner, because I knew that after dinner I would be too full to eat any of it.

I even mentioned to my husband about our eating some of this special treat, but he suggested we wait until sometime after dinner. Although this special treat contained foods that I was able to have on my food program, it didn't matter that it wasn't made of sweets or carbs. When I was coveting that food in my heart secretly planning how I could get some, it had become a false god to me, the way food used to years ago when Christ showed me that I needed to turn to Him for comfort instead of to food.

I waited and I wasn't hungry for the special treat. I thought of eating it anyway, but Jesus had me realize that if He had me satisfied, why was I going to eat more food? Immediately, I realized that to eat that special snack, I would have been reverting back to my old compulsive overeating patterns. Although I would have liked to eat the snack, feeling the calm that Christ gives me when Satan through excessive food doesn't can't. I no longer want Satan to have that stronghold on me the way he used to when my life and lack of self-esteem was affected by what I ate. My Savior saved me from that!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: