Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Took the Story Too Far!

Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard? When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep-So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler, And your need like an armed man. Proverbs 6:6-11

My grandfather used to tell me the story of the Ant and the Grasshopper. The passage above reminds me of the ant who worked hard all summer and put up food for the whole family, which had plenty when it was snowy outside without many food resources. The grasshopper, on the other hand, had a fun time all summer doing what he wanted, and he had his family were starving in the winter, because it was snowy outside without many food resources.

It's a good story and definitely has a moral that many need to hear, but I took the story too far! I find that I work too hard trying to get all my ducks in a row, preparing for the future or future events, that I have a difficult time taking time to rest and relax, which is also important.

I think that when I broke my heel and couldn't walk for so many months, God allowed me lots and lots of time to think about things like this. I'm very fortunate that Christ loves me enough to show me that I need to pace myself more and take more time to relax even after my foot has healed. 


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: