Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Overwhelmed by the NEWS

Do not enter the path of the wicked, And do not walk in the way of evil. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn away from it and pass on. For they do not sleep unless they have done evil; and their sleep is taken away unless they make someone fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness, And drink the wine of violence. But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is like darkness; They do not know what makes them stumble. Proverbs 4:14-19

The News is overwhelming to me, in fact, it's down-right depressing! I see so much hate and evil on the News that it makes me begin to think that the majority of the world is evil, too. Then, I see someone do something thoughtful for someone else, like complete strangers who came over and offered to help us mend our fence when it was about to fall down after a wind storm. It helps me realize that there still are nice people in this world!

So, what can I do? I try to limit watching the local News, because it focuses on violent crimes in the area. This, I can do without. I try to make sure that the national News that I do watch is as unbiased as I can find. I like PBS News, because they tend to have people from both sides of the fence discuss any pertinent issues.  It least, that makes me feel like things are more balanced.

The main thing I need to do is to remember to turn all these issues I see on the News over to Christ's very capable hands. I need to not fret and become overwhelmed by them like I used to when I would compulsively overeat when things felt out of my control. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: