Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Entrapped by My Own Selfishness

For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, And He ponders all his paths. His own iniquities entrap the wicked man, And he is caught in the cords of his sin.  Proverbs 5:21-22

I wish I could tell you that this was a one time thing, but I have been entrapped by my own selfishness more times than I would ever like to admit. It was mainly with food items that I liked that I had a difficult time sharing. I would give others something else, so I could keep the "good stuff" for me. That happened so much over the years, but when Christ healed my compulsive overeating, He took that away. 

I do have to be honest though. Every now and then, I find myself starting to be selfish with food. Fortunately, God shows me what I've been doing and then I try to rectify things. That mainly consists of giving the others the thing that I think will taste wonderful and I go get an apple or something of that nature. 

That change is not from me. When Christ has it on my heart that my selfish food behaviors are like what He healed me from, it stops me dead in my tracks! I don't ever want food to become a false god to me, because Christ showed me that I was turning to food for pleasure, in times of stress, etc. instead of turning to Him. I don't want to lose this blessing that He has so graciously given me. The thing is, if He can give it to me, He can give it to you too, if you only turn your control of your food, body, eating, and stress over to Christ's very capable hands. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: