Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Forget to Be Thankful for How Much Healthier I Am, Since I Listened to Christ

Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones. Proverbs 3:7-8

When I was 80+ pounds overweight over 30 years ago, that weight affected all aspects of my life, self-esteem, interactions with Christ and my family, and it also negatively affected my health. Some of these things are intertwined.

An example: Because I am Hypoglycemic, when I would eat lots of sugary foods, it would elevate my blood sugar after eating it and drop it as low as a pancake later, sometimes the next day. When my blood sugar dropped so low in response to consuming too many sugary treats, I would be lethargic and cranky with those I cared about, including Christ.

I blamed Him from not just turning my overeating around, because I prayed daily for Christ to help me with my over eating, to help me with my weight, and help me with any stressful issues in my life. During that phase of my life, I wanted to be in control and Jesus was supposed to wait in the back wings until I needed Him for something. It wasn't until Christ showed me some 30+ years ago that I had control issues. Once I was willing to finally admit it and put Christ in control, the rest of my life, vices, and other issues fell into place. Sure, I still had stressful situations, but I learned to turn them into Christ's very capable hands and to know that He was in charge of them. There was an added benefit in all of this for me, that I don't think of often. Christ allowed me to be so much healthier than I ever was physically, mentally, and spiritually. I am truly blessed!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: