Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

My Interpretation of First Fruits

Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine. Proverbs 3:9-10

As I have mentioned before, I try to apply some of the Bible passages to my own life to make them even more meaningful to me when I read the Bible on a daily basis. Years ago, I tried to figure out what my first fruits were, since I didn't really grow fruit or live on a farm. Then, Christ showed me that food was something I valued, since it had become a false god in my life all those years before I started turning control of my food, body, eating, and stress in to Christ's very capable hands.

So, in response to that, I give the best of what ever food I'm eating to God, in acknowledgement of all He's done for me with being in control of my compulsive overeating, life, body, and stress. I try to leave a bite of every type of food I leave for God, because to me the last bite is the very best. It goes further than that, it is my way of thanking Christ for all He's done in my life.

Additionally, if some food is one of my favorites, I leave the first bite and the last bite for God. It's tricky to explain. I love juicy, crunchy apples. I feel like the very first bite of that apple is exceptional, as well as the very last bite, which is difficult to give up, because it's so good. The thing is, I don't have to let food have control over my life any more. I let Christ be in control of my life, so giving the first fruits to God, is saying just that. I want you to have the best of this food, because when You're in control of my food, body, eating, and stress, my life is so much more wonderful than any food can be, even a juicy, crunchy apple. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: