Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Used to Worry Lots Until I Started Turning Things Over to Christ's Very Capable Hands

Do not be afraid of sudden terror, Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught. Proverbs 3:25-26

I used to worry about events, stressors, and potentially problematic situations long before they arose. I didn't just worry about them, I ate over them as well until my attention was focused on my sick stomach and how much the scale was going to go up the next time I weighed myself, instead of the initial problem.

Once Christ showed me how my turning to food in times of stress instead of to Him, made food a false god in my life, He showed me that I needed to put all my concerns in His very capable hands. Once I was open to doing that, Jesus took all my fears away. I was not longer eating over things that stressed me or potentially problematic events that I used to eat over. 

That's why the thought of losing my focus on Christ is overwhelming. Sure, I don't want to gain back all that weight that Jesus has kept off of me for over 30 years, but that's not as significant as this. I don't want to go back to worrying, stressing over things. I love that peaceful feeling that Christ gives me that I shouldn't worry and should just let Him be in control of things. I don't ever want to give up that calm feeling of knowing that my Lord is in charge!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: