Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is My Faith Built on Rock?

Luke 6: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

I was just saying a brief prayer asking Christ to take care of the foundation and structure of our house, since we live in an area where foundation problems happen frequently, causing all types of structural problems in homes.

Immediately after saying that, Christ had the idea pop in my head, which is often how He works in my life, that I'm praying about the foundation and structure of my house when I really should be concerned about the foundation and structure of my faith in Christ.

I get so busy focused on all the little daily things that come up, that I think I'm putting the important things like having a firm foundation in Christ on the back burner, taking it for granted. In that Christ led me to have this thought immediately after the prayer for my house, it makes me aware that this is noteworthy. It is a reminder from my Savior that I shouldn't be as worried about my house as my daily walk with Christ. 

This comes at an important time for me, since I've been trying to discern why I haven't been able to lose weight back to what it was before my foot injury.  In trying to be honest, I've feel that I must be rushing through my prayers and reading the Bible daily. Also, I realized I just typed the portion underlined which shows that I'm trying to be in control again and must be putting Christ off until I need help. I have to remind myself that my weight loss had only happened when I put control of my food, body, eating, and stress into Christ's very capable hands, not mine. This is a real wake-up call. Debbie

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: