Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Climbing the Ladder of Success

So are the ways of everyone who is greedy for gain; It takes away the life f its owners. Proverbs 1:19 

It never seemed important to me to be highly successful in the business world. In fact, I looked down on those who made it their goal, although we aren't supposed to look down on anyone, but I try to be as honest in these blog posts as I can. 

The funny thing is, Satan sneaks up on us Christians and finds subtle ways to lead us astray, without our even realizing it. In that I looked down on others who were caught up climbing the Ladder of Success, I didn't realize it when I got snared up in those same goals, as well. It always seemed that the other people were doing it, not me!

As a teacher, I decided to go back and get my Masters Degree, although it wasn't required of me. It took up so much of my free time, where I would have had more time to read the Bible, to be with my family, and to prepare healthier meals. I spent summers and other periods of time caught up in projects where I told the family that they needed to leave me alone, so I could focus on the project at hand. I was letting this work a wedge in my relationship with my family. Not only that, if I was doing that with my family, I most certainly doing that with my relationship with Christ, putting Him on the back-burner until I had more time to focus on Him and for what ...a little more status in my profession...a little higher wage on the pay scale...a little more credibility among my peers?

There isn't anything wrong with getting a Masters Degree or any degree for that matter, but when the pursuit of the degree makes you ignore your Savior, family, and friends, it's not worth it. Although I got the degree, my relationship with my Savior and turning my food, stress, and vices over to His capable hands suffered. My relationship with my family suffered and so did my relationship with my friends. Additionally, I didn't serve as a very good role model to my family. They may have seen my desire to get status within my career as something to be desired, although I told myself that wasn't what I was doing. Fortunately, Christ forgives me and hopefully my family does, as well.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: