Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Didn't Realize I Was So Weak

2 Corinthians 13:4 For though He[Christ] was crucified through weakness, yet He liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you. 

Christ took away my compulsive overeating and desire for great amounts of sweets and carbs over 30 years ago and has kept off the vast majority of the 80+ pounds for all that time. It's not of my doing. Actually, I gave up and told God that I had tried all these diets and often gained back more than I started with and I was giving up. I told Him that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't.

I actually wasn't expecting anything to happen. I was just telling God that I give up, but He always sees the BIG picture! It was that very same afternoon that He took the desire for great amounts of sweets, food, and carbs away. What's more than this, He taught me lessons about how I had made food a false god, turning to it in times of stress, etc. instead of turning to Him.

Well, I knew better, but I was visiting a relative and they offered me a piece of cake. I thought I would take a little token bite of it, but it was so full of nuts and fruit that I ate the whole thing, without batting an eye. A few days later, another relative gave me a piece of the same cake. At first, I thought I shouldn't eat any more, but I let Satan sneak in and play to my weakness. I told myself that if I declined that other piece of cake, I would be hurting the feelings of the person who offered it to me. 

I ate that second piece of cake, but have regretted it ever since. At first, it made my stomach sick, because after eating it, I was too full. Then, I was less than patient with others the next week. After being prayerful about it, I realized that eating those two pieces of cake through my blood sugar off, something I'm usually very careful about, since I'm Hypoglycemic. The thing that upset me the most about giving into this weakness, was that my relationship with Christ and those around me was off for about a week, until I realized I really needed to refocus and turn all of this over to Christ's very capable hands. After all this time, I didn't realize I was still so weak and vulnerable when it comes to sweets, but Satan showed me that he can still sneak up and tempt me, if I'm not focused on turning my control of food, my body, my eating, and stress over to Christ on a daily basis!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: