Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Sun Had Gone Down

Ephesians 4: 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the things which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

This is amazing timing for me to come across this passage, but then again, that's how God works in my life. Last night my husband and I had a disagreement about watching TV. I like to watch some movies and shows on the weekend during my "down time." He wanted to go to bed at 7:00 to read. There's nothing wrong with reading before you go to bed, but 7:00 was too early for me and I let him know it in no uncertain words. 

I left the room in a huff, boy was I mad!!! I went to bed and stewed for awhile. Christ had this Bible passage on my mind. At first, I was reluctant to pay attention to it, but eased up, because I knew Christ had my best interest at heart. It didn't matter who was right or wrong or whether there is a right or wrong in a situation like this. It's whether we let it form a wedge between us.

I knew I needed to get up and apologize for getting so upset over this and ask him to come to bed with me. I did go to bed early without watching some of the shows, but that was a small price to pay for keeping my marriage in tact. I told him, "If this is the worst thing in our marriage that I have to deal with, I'm a very blessed woman!" He agreed. 

Now, you may wonder why I have this on the Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog. The thing is, it's harboring feeling about things like this that led me to overeat all those years. Christ has shown me that it's more important to deal with my feelings and issues that arise rather than stuff them down with tons of food, instead.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: