Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Consenting to Old Sinful Ways Instead of Staying Focused on Christ?

My son, if sinners entice you, Do not consent. Proverbs 1:10

Today is Christmas! Do I focus on all that my Savior did for me by being born of Mary to live, suffer, die, and rise again, so that I might go to heaven and be with Him someday, despite my sinful nature? Or do I let all the hub-bub of festivities cloud my judgment, losing sight of what my Savior has done for me?

There have been times when I've let others on this occasion and many others get the best of me. Christ has shown me how to eat in a healthy way and avoid the foods that affect my blood sugar and trigger old overeating behaviors. It's very easy to be enticed in comments like, "Just try a little bite of this. It won't hurt you," or, "You deserve to splurge, it's Christmas!" 

My eating unhealthy things and compulsive overeating don't honor all my Savior's done for me. All it does is lead me to the brink of a very slippery slope where I can go slip-sliding back into my compulsive overeating ways. Although they might pressure me, people will still love me if I say, "No thank you," or, "I'm not hungry right now." Sometimes that's easier than saying, "I can't eat these foods, because they're not healthy for me." That makes them feel guilty for making them and for eating them, as well. It would make life so much easier if the focus was primarily on celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior instead of on food.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: