Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Potential Negative Impact of My Overeating All Those Years

1 Peter 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

One of the thing I never really thought of when I was compulsively overeating all those years was the potential negative impact on family members. What if: they saw me and grew up thinking that the way we look and the size of our clothing told us what type of people we are.

What if: they saw me and grew up thinking that other people's opinions of us matter. What if: they saw me and grew up thinking that being thin is more important than being a good person. What if: they saw me and grew up thinking that food was the only way to comfort yourself in times of stress. What if: they saw me and grew up thinking that food was the only way to celebrate when good things happen. What if: they saw me and grew up thinking that physical appearance was the most important quality to look for in developing friendships and relationships. 

What if: they saw me and grew up thinking that food was more important than having an active relationship with Christ. There were times when I wouldn't go to church, because I felt embarrassed in my too tight clothes. I feel badly if this or any other aspect of my overeating negatively impacted those I care about. It was bad enough it impacted me. I don't want them picking up on my bad habits.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: