Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

How Does Nibbling Relate to Standing Up for the Rights and Respect of Others?

Romans 5: 15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 

I generally have a particular eating routine and rarely snack. I've found, though, that sometimes I get caught up in snacking because I'm with someone else who is, as well. I don't want them to feel left out-right???

The thing is, when I do this a time or two, it's not long before I revert back into that snacking mode. I find myself looking around for something that's within my eating limits to snack on, because I'm back into wanting something for munching. This may not sound bad, but it's easy to slip back into old eating patterns and Jesus has shown me what a slippery slope that can be for me. 

When I started writing this, I realized that it's very similar to sin. The sin that I might do at the time might not seem so bad, like not saying something when others are putting someone down for their race, culture, etc. But, after awhile, it's easy to slip into a pattern where I might accept these things, which really isn't what Jesus wants us to do. He wants us to stand up for the Rights and Respect of Others!!!!

Jesus us tells us in the Bible: Matthew 25: 37 Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? Or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me…44 Then shall they also answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall He answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to Me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Don't fall into that slippery slope...

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: