Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Always Taking Shortcuts

Romans 3: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 

I think I used to use food as a shortcut to dealing with my feelings. Instead of realizing that I had something bothering me, I would eat and eat and eat until I was so full, I didn't focus on what was really wrong.

I think I used to use food as a shortcut to taking risks in relationships with potential friends or in dating situations. I would think, "I'm too fat. They won't like me, so I won't even try to develop a relationship."

I think I used to use food as a shortcut to being the Christian that Christ wanted me to be on His behalf. I wouldn't attend church, because I felt embarrassed because of my size. I wouldn't get involved in volunteering in programs that could benefit the less fortunate, because I was embarrassed because of my size. You get the idea. I used food to hide behind, but once Christ freed me from turning to food as a false god and I started turning my stress, etc. over to His very capable hands and whole new world opened up for me.


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: