Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

This Made a MAJOR Difference in My Eating!

Matthew 22: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment.

This Bible passage doesn't say to Love God, as long as food can be a close second, but that was what I was doing for so many years. I've had a faith in Christ since I was a in elementary school when a classmate asked me to go to church with her. My relationship with Christ changed my whole life, but I still kept Him at a distance.

When I was upset or worried or stressed, I had what I call the "Eat the Door Knobs Off" feeling. My interpretation of that is eating all I can to feel that empty hole in the pit of my stomach, but still crave more feeling so hungry that you could eat the door knobs off. I didn't realize it at that time, that my stress, etc. caused that feeling. All I knew was that I felt extremely hungry, but no amount of food took that filled that empty hole in the pit of my stomach.

It was later when Christ showed me how I had let food have control in my life, because I had tried every diet and some several times, only to lose a few pounds and gain even more later. He showed me that I was turning to food in times of stress to comfort me instead of turning these concerns over to Christ. After lots of prayerful consideration about these new revelations Christ had for me about my eating, I started praying to Christ when I had that empty pit in my stomach. Most times, I didn't even know I was stress or worried, at the time. As I learned to find a quiet place to pray during these times, Christ started showing me what was really bothering me. Once I knew that, I could turn that situation over to Christ's very capable hands and the empty pit in my stomach went away time after time. This made a MAJOR difference in my eating! If Christ can do this for me, He can do it for you, too! Try it! What can it hurt?

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: