Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It Would Have Been Easy to...

Romans 12: 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Having been overweight for so many years, after Christ allowed me to loose 80+ pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, It Would Have Been Easy to...

*Think I was hot stuff now that I was thin and forget that it was a miracle from Christ!
*Start hanging around with those who were superficial judging people by worldly standards and forget that it was a miracle from Christ and my behavior should attest to that!
*Start talking rudely to others who were thinner  and forget that it was a miracle from Christ!
*Value time on the latest technology rather than reading the Bible daily and forget all Christ has done for me!
*Spend time trying to achieve higher level positions, regardless of how I treat others, which doesn't glorify Christ in the least!
*Wear clothing that accents my weight loss in ways that are provocative and forget that it was a miracle from Christ not something to be flaunted!
*Use inappropriate language and use God's name in vain, because everyone else does it, which shows no respect for all Christ has done for me!
*Judge others who haven't jobs, a place to live, or skin color different from mine, which undermines all Christ has done for us and the compassion He showed for all!
*Forget to pray daily and thank Christ for all He has done for me!

Christ was humble and expects us to be humble, not thinking of ourselves more highly than we ought to think!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: