Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I'm Ashamed to Say Food Had Been My Idol

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Christ showed me many lessons in the months before He allowed the great miracle in me. This is one of the major lessons He showed me. Christ showed me that when I was stressed, I ate. When I was happy, I ate. When I was bored, I ate. I turned to food in those times for comfort instead of turning to Him for comfort. At first, I didn't quite catch on, but once I started turning to Christ when I was stressed, happy, bored, etc. that gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach like I could eat the door knobs off, went away. Christ was all I needed for comfort, not food.

It was shortly after that, that I gave up on all my diets. I had tried really hard on what I call my best diet and gained some weight. I sat down that morning and told God that I gave up. If He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't! You know what, He did starting that very same day. He took the urge to have excessive amounts of food away and cravings for sweets and carbs. I was surprised! When I had prayed earlier to God giving up, I didn't really expect anything to happen, but He was listening. 

I wondered over the years why Christ had me lose 80+ pounds and keep the vast majority of the weight off for over 30 years. I used to ask Christ to Help Me lose the weight, Help Me be thin, Help Me...The best I can figure is that when I prayed that time, I was was relinquishing control and was turning my life, my food, and my eating over into Christ's very capable hands. He's been there every step of the way, even when I start back-peddling. As soon as I pray to Him, He refocuses me.  I am very blessed, but He led me to write these blog posts, so you can have a relationship with Him, as well. All you have to do is ask Him!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: