Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Christ Didn't Hold a Grudge

Romans 12: 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

It concerns me, at times, that some people in the world seem so angry with everyone else. They are angry with those who don't have the same political views. They are angry with those who don't have the same skin color. They are angry with those who are different than they are. They are angry with those who have vices like overeating, drinking, drugs, etc. They are angry with those who don't vote the same way. They are angry with those who are not in the same social class as they are either above or below them. They are angry with those who dress or look a certain way. They are angry with those who have a poor work ethic. They are angry with those who have a different ethnicity. They are angry with those who get the parking spot before them. They are just plain angry... and it concerns me!

If Christ spent His life being kind and gracious to others, don't you think He expects the same of us? Don't you think it makes Him sad to see so many angry Christians, judging others who don't live up to their expectations? 

To top this off, some Christians use their vote for people who show anger and not compassion to those listed above. Every time I read the Bible through, I am so impressed by Christ's compassion of those who were less fortunate, didn't believe Him, had vices, etc. I feel deep in my heart that He expects the same from us and would want us to vote for people who showed compassion with others. Romans 12: 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: