Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Was I a Slacker?

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Jesus wasn't a slacker, but I sure was. Jesus's birth, betrayal, mocking, death, and resurrection were all foretold in the Bible 100s of years before He was born. He kept every single one of His promises. Actually, I was so very impressed by this, I felt led to create the blog: How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

 Have I done my part to show my thankfulness for all He's done? No! Unfortunately, I've been a slacker big time! I am reluctant to share my faith with others even have He's blessed me with loosing over 80 pounds and keeping the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. 

Sure, I write these Christian blogs that I feel led to create, but there is a very low risk with that. People can either chose to read it or not, but I hope they do. It when I'm face to face with someone else. I have great difficulty trying to explain how He has touched my life in so many ways that go far beyond His allowing me the weight loss. Why am I such a slacker? I think it all boils down to not wanting anyone to reject me. Fortunately for me, Jesus didn't say, "I don't think I want to go through with the crucifixion, because I don't like being rejected. I know my supposed friend, Judas, is going to betray Me, the guards are going to mock Me and they are going to kill Me, because they don't believe that I am the Son of God. If that isn't rejection I don't know what is!" 

I am so very blessed our Savior was willing to give His life for my sins, despite my reluctance. He never gives up on me, either. He wants me to become the Christian He knows I can be. I need to continue to be more prayerful about being open to Jesus will in my life and to quit being such a slacker!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: