Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

He Loved Me Long Before I Loved Him

1 John 4: 19 We love Him, because He first loved us.

This is a pretty amazing Bible verse when you come to think of it. Jesus loved me long before I loved Him. He loved me enough to give His life for me, despite all my sinful ways. He loved me despite my turning to food as a false god for comfort instead of turning to Him.  

He loved me even though I've given into the temptations of gossiping about others, but He never gave up on me. No matter what our vices are, He knows them and loves us. He also knows what we can be if we'd love Him too, the same way He loves us.

He's shown me over the years as He's healed so many of my vices.  I wish I could say that I don't back track sometimes, but that wouldn't be the truth, but Jesus still loves me. He never gives up on me and will heal me from my vices if I only let Him.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: