Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Holding Grudges

James 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. 

Boy, oh boy, can I ever hold a grudge. I can remember when people said or did things to me going back to when I was a little child. The sad thing is, if we are handling things from our childhood, our behavior and actions often reflect that of someone that age.

When I was a child, I usually ate when I was hurt. I felt like I was unlovable, because I was overweight and that's why someone did or said something hurtful to me. Then, I would eat even more to comfort the pain I felt. It led to a vicious cycle where I turned to food for comfort. It was many years later, when Christ showed me that I had allowed food to become a false god in my life, because I turned to food for comfort rather than turning to Him.

Once I started turning my hurts, grudges, and disappointments along with any worries I might have, over to Christ's very capable hands, I no longer had a need to hold on to these grudges. I no longer felt unlovable, because Christ loves me enough that He gave His life for me, so I could join Him someday in heaven. He did that for you as well,  and can heal you if you'd only ask Him to be an active part of your life.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: