Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Taming the Tongue

James 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame, it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

I wish I could tell you how many times I've responded back to someone sarcastically, but I would be very embarrassed if I knew that number. Additionally, I've eaten over feeling bad about making those remarks, as well. Sure we need to tame the tongue from over eating, but also for letting rude and spiteful things fly out of our mouths that often hurt the feeling of others. At the very least, they make us a poor example of being  the Christian that Christ wants us to be on His behalf.

The thing that astounds me about this is that I don't like it when others are sarcastic or rude to people. Why in the world would I engage in such behavior? I also find that when I've done something on this level, I quite often feel vindicated for my comments. Fortunately for me, Christ doesn't, because almost every time, I am given the feeling that I should apologize for what I've just said. 

I get so frustrated with myself when I find that I've said something that was less than supportive of another. All I can do is pray and ask Christ to heal my heart and theirs. I really should ask Christ to heal my tongue, because these things will sometimes slip out before I even think about what I'm saying. I should add this to my daily prayers!


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie




These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: