Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Always Wishing for More

Hebrew 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.

I remember spending much of my time as a compulsive overeater planning for the time when I was thinner. I wasn't content to enjoy the beautiful day, because I longed for the beautiful day when I could wear a swim suit and not be embarrassed by my overweight body.

When I had lost 20 pounds, was I content? I could have been pleased, but instead I was always focusing on how nice it would be when I lost all the weight.

When I lost all of the weight, was I content? I was wishing my body didn't have all the droopy skin and bulges left over from the weight loss. Now, is that really being thankful for the miracle Christ gave me through that weight loss? I'm ashamed to say that I wasn't as thankful as I should have been and was always wishing for more. 

When I realize how ungrateful I had been for this gift, I want change my life and be much more appreciative for all that Christ has done and continues to do for me, but do I do it? If I'm totally being honest, I definitely am not as appreciative as I should be and get too caught up in wishing for more. I really have to be prayerful about this one, because it hurts my heart to realize this! 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: