Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Thought I Had a Good Relationship with Christ

1 John 4: 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.. 13 Hereby know ye that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit.

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I thought I had a good relationship with Christ. I said and did many of the right things, but did I? Maybe yes and maybe no. Although I didn't have any major vices, I had let Satan and his subtle ways take hold of me through my over eating. When I was heavy and involved in continuous overeating, I wasn't as kind to my family as I should have been, nor did I feel like going to church often, because I felt conspicuous in my over-sized clothes. I wasn't kind to myself, because of my self-loathing. The more I ate, the heavier I grew, the more my self-esteem sagged and proved I was worthless...but I'm not.

Christ showed me that that He loves me regardless of my size! I shouldn't let that stand in my way of being kind to others. If God dwells in us, that means He dwells in us at any size we are and His love is perfected in us. I needed to and still need to turn my life and my vices over to His capable hands and let Him make me the Christian He wants me to be. He doesn't dwell in me to be a walking billboard for self-loathing. He wants me to be an example of how He loves us regardless! 

Now, just because Christ loves me at any size I am, doesn't mean that I throw up my hands and give in to all the cravings. God wants me to turn to Him in times of stress, joy, etc., not food. So, because I love Him and want to turn to Him instead of food which had become a false god in my life, I put my food, eating, stress and control into His very capable hands and He heals me!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: