Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Stacking up the Rewards

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 

It's easy to get caught up in stacking up the rewards. I've worked hard this week, so I deserve a splurge, regardless of what it does to my body and blood sugar. I think I deserve a massage, regardless of whether I can pay all my bills or not. I think we deserve a new car, regardless if that means that either we or our spouse has to work longer hours and there's less family time together, because of needing to pay for that car that we deserve. And there's also that newest technology that we deserve, right? We forget to think about that it will be replaced by a newer model of phone or tablet in short order, but we will be the envy of all our friends!

God doesn't want us to get caught up in all the worldly things that we think we deserve. Actually, when we do so, they become false gods in our lives, because we are focusing on them rather than God. Actually, God gives us what we really don't deserve. He gives us the opportunity to join Him in heaven someday, because Jesus Christ gave His life for our sins. 

Did He deserve that? No way, but did we hear Him say, "I deserve much better than this, because I'm not the one who sinned. I think I will just go get a massage and chill-out instead?" No, He gave His life, when through being betrayed, mocked, spit at, and crucified just so that we could have something we didn't deserve. Now, that's the type of reward that's worth stacking up!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: