Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Should I Boast About My Weight Loss?

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the might hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time; 7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

I've met quite a few people who want me to take credit for my 80+ pound weight loss and keeping the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, but that wouldn't be right. It really didn't come from me. It came from God and was a significant blessing.

I had prayed for God to help Me lose the weight, to help Me be thin, to help Me... It wasn't until I had tried a bajillion different diets, losing a little on some, but generally gaining more than I started with, that I gave up. I figured that I would be heavy forever. I was praying telling God that I give up and that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it because I couldn't!

It was that exact same day that God had a miraculous change in my eating and life. It was that very same day that sweets and carbs no longer called my name, although I have been tempted by soft serve ice cream at times. I wondered over the years why God had the weight loss and the change in eating start then, rather than all the other bajillion times I asked for Him to help Me lose the weight. 

That's when He had it dawn on me. That was the first time I had given up control of my life, my eating, and my stress to God. It's the first time I hadn't been asking Him to stand in the wings while I did it myself.  Over the weeks and months ahead of the prayer that day, Christ has shown me so many different lessons about myself, especially how I turned to food in times of stress to comfort me instead of turning to Christ to heal my stress. I had let food become a false god in my life.  So, should I boast when people ask about my weight loss? No way! I need to share the miracle Christ did for me when I turned my food, body, eating, and stress over into His very capable hands....and He can do the same for you. Remember, sit back and give God the control.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: