Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Christ Allowed Me to Learn That Food had Become a False god as I turned to it when I was Stressed

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Well, this verse is significant to me, but I'm not sure that I qualify what I do with this particular verse. I don't preach to the poor, at least, not specifically. I'm not sure that I really preach at all. All I know is that I feel like Christ has led me to create this blog and other blogs, to help others see that Christ loves them fat, vices, and all. If Christ loves us, then He wants us to love ourselves, something that I found I had a difficult time with when I was overweight.

I don't think it was necessarily because I was overweight, but I used that to mentally beat myself up, thinking I was deserving of being ignored, accepting poor behavior and lack of respect from others. It was Christ who showed me that He loved me and helped me start loving myself. It didn't all happen overnight, because He had some lessons for me to learn on the way.

Christ allowed me learn that food had become a false god in my life and that I turned to food instead of turning to Him when I was stressed, hurt, or afraid. Once He showed me what I was doing, my attitude toward myself, my eating, my vices and my relationship with Him started changing. Christ was setting my bruised self-concept at liberty. I feel that He has used my shortcomings to share this with others, as well, because He wants all those who are bruised to be set at liberty through an on-going relationship with their Savior. Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: