Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Let Anger Get the Best of Me?

1 Thessalonians 5: 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. 

Do I let anger get the best of me? I wish I could tell you no, but it was just two days ago that I did let it get the best of me, so I can't pretend I have amnesia. I told my husband that I really wanted to watch this video mini series on the weekend. In the midst of it, he wanted to watch another show that he likes. I stopped and watched it.

Then, he wanted to watch another show that he likes and I told him no. Then, I felt guilty about it and turned his show on instead. Then, he didn't want to watch my show any more that day. I was frustrated, because if we hadn't stopped so many times to watch his shows, I might have been able to watch a decent amount of the mini series I had requested to watch.

I said said I was frustrated that day, but a week later, I usually don't get angry, but I let him have it with both barrels. Well, you might think it's called for, because he wasn't being sensitive to my request to watch a show. The thing is, when Christ had me look at my reaction in hindsight, I blew up with my husband over a show on TV. How can that really be worth it? I spent hours apologizing for being disproportionately angry over his wanting to do what he wants instead of what I requested. I would have eaten over it, if I had snack food, but fortunately, I didn't have any available at the time. 

After prayerful consideration, I realized that if this is the worst thing that I have to contend with in my marriage, I am a very blessed woman! 1 Thessalonians 5: 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: