Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Why Me?-

Romans 9: 15 For He saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

I was a nice person, but my first marriage was not a good one. Why me??? I kept thinking that I must have done something to cause the problems in this relationship, being all too eager to take on all the responsibility. Why me??? I would lie in bed at night praying for God to resolve this, to make our marriage better...but He didn't. Why me???

I tried harder and harder to make things work, to the point of loss of self-respect. Surely, there's something that I could do to make this work out... but there wasn't. Why me??? It was during these times that I turned to food for comfort. I was beside myself, trying to delude myself into thinking everything would eventually be O.K... but it wasn't. Why me???

Surely, God wanted this marriage to work. This is sometimes a tough one to handle, when you think you are doing God's will... but find out you're not. Why me??? So many banana splits by the way-side, so many extra pounds that did not heal my aching soul. Why me??? Then, I actually gave up and gave everything, the worry, the food, the control, the marriage over to God. Things seemed to work for a while... but then they didn't. Why me???

All I know is that I was blessed. God got me through the self-loathing, where I felt like there must be something wrong with me, because I couldn't make my marriage work... because I couldn't. I was blessed, because God got me through when I felt ashamed of having to get a divorce, because I couldn't fix the marriage. I was blessed, because God got me through my poor self-esteem and had me lose the 80+ pounds despite it.

I was blessed as God got me through those overwhelming things in my life, yet I was calling out to God asking, "Why me???" "Why are these things happening to me? Don't you love me, God? I'm a good person." One day, God showed me that He was there taking care of me throughout all of those situations, getting me through the unbearable pain that led me to turn to food. He still loved me when I let food be my comforter instead of Him. God loved me when I asked where He was, despite the fact that He was there blessing me as He got me through all of this.

Why me??? Because I am a child of God, and He will comfort me and bless me by taking care of me throughout all the the unfortunate situations in life. I am truly blessedRomans 9: 15 For He saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: