Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What If I Pretend I Didn't Know?

But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his tresspass that he hath trespassed and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. Ezekiel 18:24

I don't know about you, but once I know something, it's difficult to get it out of my mind. I took nutrition classes and one of the things I learned was that the skin of the chicken is the worst thing for you. I love fried chicken with all the crispies on it, but I have a hard time enjoying it, because I know how unhealthy it is for me, because it's fried and includes the skin of the chicken. What I've allowed myself to do is to take one big bite out of the chicken, crispies and all and then I tear off the rest of the skin and crispies, so I can eat the healthier part of the chicken.

Do I do that in all aspects of my eating? Unfortunately, not! There have been times when I pretended that I didn't know something wasn't good for me, but I really did know, and went ahead and ate it. I prepared myself to tell Christ that I forgot, didn't know, or some other equally lame excuse!

Does Christ mind that I'm doing this? Yes and no. I don't think it bothers Him if I eat things that aren't always healthy for me, but what He does mind is that I deliberately try to fake Him out, when I know better. Fortunately for me, Christ always shows me what I'm doing and He forgives me when I apologize and ask for His forgiving grace. But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his tresspass that he hath trespassed and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. Ezekiel 18:24
Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: