Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Hitting Below the Belt

And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Luke 5:31-32

I am sick. Sick of being turning to food instead of to Christ! You would think by now, that wouldn't still be an issue in my life, but it sneaks up and hits me below the belt more times than I would like to admit.

Time and time again, I find myself drawn to food, especially when I'm feeling stressed. Generally when I'm stressed, I don't even know that I'm actively worrying about something. Then, I find myself downing 3/4 of a bag of popcorn like I did the other night and wonder why I would do that, when I really wasn't all that hungry when I started munching the popcorn.

Maybe, the food is a way of disguising that I am having feelings at all about a particular issue. Each time I took a handful of popcorn, it made me even more oblivious to the concerns I had for the health and well-being of family members.  I am so very blessed that Jesus continues to show me that I need Him as my physician to heal me from stress and turning to food instead of Him. I'm so thankful that Jesus never gives up on me. And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Luke 5:31-32   Please watch the video on stress below. It's amazing!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: