Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Movie: Miracles From Heaven and Personal Reflections

Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite. Psalm 147:5

I had something else supposed to post today, but rescheduled it, so that I could comment on the movie: Miracles From Heaven. I saw this movie yesterday and was so inspired through this true story. The whole movie was moving, but aside from the obvious story line of the miracle with the young girl's health, there were other aspects of the movie that had an even bigger effect on my walk with Christ.

At the end of the movie, they show some smaller miracles that others did on the family's behalf that made a major difference. This movie made me realize that I used to see the smaller miracles from Christ on an almost daily basis, but haven't seen these in some time. I'm not sure why, because they added joy to my life. All I know is that I want them back in my life. I am prayerful that God will open my heart to seeing and feeling those miracles that He has all around us. These miracles make me feel loved by Christ. They allow me to know that no matter how bad things get in life, He will always be there with me.

The flip side of this is being open to trusting the instincts that God gives us on a daily basis, so He can work through us to be a miracle in someone's else's life. An example from the movie was when the lady from her church came and watched her other daughter's, so she could get medical care for her declining daughter. Another example, is the person who bought the motorcycle from the father. This allowed them to pay some of their mounting bills. This is not an all inclusive list of ways we can reach out to those in need. Sometimes, we just have to be open to letting God use us to benefit others on His behalf. Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite. Psalm 147:5

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: