Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

There Is Nothing Too Difficult for Christ

Ah, Lord God! behold, Thou hast made the heaven and the earth by Thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for Thee: Jeremiah 32:17 

I know that I tell you how I was a compulsive overeater for most of my life and I turned my eating, my life, and my stress over to Christ's very capable hands 30+ years ago and He healed me of this. Well, it's true. It didn't happen in and of anything I did myself. My life and my eating changed the very day that I told God that I give up and that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to take care of it Himself, because I couldn't. I had tried more diets than I'd ever like to admit. 

I often wonder if readers think it couldn't happen to them, as well, but there's nothing too difficult for Christ. Do we expect for Him to do it the first time we pray for Him to heal our overeating? Well, we never really know God's timing which is impeccable. Prior to this, I had prayed a bazillion times for God to help Me lose weight, to help Me be thin, etc. He had life lessons for me prior to the miracle He had in my life.

A big part of that miracle, in my opinion, was the prayer I prayed on that day wasn't asking God to help Me do anything. In hind sight, I think that day I prayed, may have been one of the first times I actually gave up control and put the whole thing in God's very capable hands. I actually was really giving up and didn't really expect anything to happen. You can imagine my surprise, when that very day, my desire was taken away from me to eat huge amounts of food and lots of carbohydrates, especially sweets. It doesn't mean that these don't come back periodically, because Satan knows how to tempt me. The thing is, when I turn my food, life, eating, and stress over to Christ every morning, I find that even when I'm starting to exceed what is healthy for me, God brings me around to stop, regroup, and let Him heal me of compulsions that periodically crop back up, especially when I'm feeling stressed. Ah, Lord God! behold, Thou hast made the heaven and the earth by Thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for Thee: Jeremiah 32:17 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: