Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Worrying About What Others Think of Me

And He called unto Him His disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living. Mark 12: 43-44

Usually this Bible passage reminds me of all the times that I have been reluctant to give willingly to others in need or minimally do so. This time, this passage brought up another of my many vices. I know I mostly write about how food had become a false god in my life, because I turned to it for comfort instead of turning to my Lord and Savior in times of stress, joy, fear, etc.

Well, on Sunday, this passage enlightened me to another vice, Worrying About What Others Think of Me. Well, I did that for so many years when I was heavy, but I didn't think I did that anymore. Boy, was I wrong! I just changed the focus.

Our offerings are given to our church through some type of prearranged electronic withdrawal. The tricky part of that is it feels like others may look at us and wonder why we aren't putting anything in the offering plate. To alleviate this concern, we each put a dollar in the offering plate. It was bad enough that I was worried what others thought, but I carried it one step further.

This last Sunday, I didn't bring my purse and neither of us had a dollar to put into the offering. My husband put in all the change he had in his pocket, which is nothing to be ashamed of, but I was! I was concerned about what others were thinking, I'm ashamed to say! I need to turn this over to Christ who has healed me in so many ways. I know He can heal me of this as well! And He called unto Him His disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living. Mark 12: 43-44

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: